[step-manufacturing] Minutes of Renton Call #1

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Fri Aug 6 15:29:48 EDT 2010

_Attendees_
Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, USA
David Loffredo, STEP Tools, USA
Fred Proctor, NIST, USA
Fiona Zhao, NIST,/New Zealand
David Odendahl, Boeing, USA
Bengt Olsson, Sandvik, Sweden
Vincent Marchini, Ameritech, USA
Mikael Hedlind, KTH, Sweden
Alain Brail, AlBavis,  France

The next demonstration and meeting will be at the Boing Renton (737)
plant on October 12 and 13 with a preparation day on October 11.

The goal of the demonstration is to begin testing closed loop machining
using STEP-NC. We will machine Boxy again and we will use an on-machine
probe and a FARO arm to measure the part and close the loop for some
setup and inspection operations. There was considerable discussion on
what should be attempted for the first demonstration. If the
demonstration is too ambitious then the software will not be ready in
three months. If the demonstration is too small scale then the audience
may question why STEP-NC is necessary. We decided that Fred Proctor
should develop a scenario for distribution to the group (done).

Martin Hardwick and Fiona Zhao are working on an information model for
closed loop machining. There have been several iterations but we seem to
be converging on a basic structure for the model.
ftp://www.steptools.com/private/Renton/Closed_loop_model.txt

There are many attributes that remain to be filled in. Finding out what
these are is one of the goals for the demonstration.

We agreed that because the time for this demonstration is short we will
need a good schedule. Martin Hardwick will develop a first cut list of
the items that need to be completed for the demonstration to be successful.

Martin Hardwick
Team Leader STEP-Manufacturing

Action Items
Fred Proctor to develop scenario
All to review the scenario and give feedback
Martin Hardwick to develop a list of action items