[step-manufacturing] Minutes of third CCAT conference call

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Wed Apr 30 09:21:25 EDT 2008

Attendees
---------------
Alain Brail, Airbus, France
Bengt Olsson, Sandvik
Mikael Hedlind, KTH
Matthew Lloyd, CCAT
Martin Hardwick, STEP Tools, Inc.
Leon Xu, Boeing

Apologies for absence
--------------------------------
Mike Mcglauflin, NIST
Jean-Bernard Hentz, Airbus
David Odendahl, Boeing
Fred Proctor, NIST

The STEP-NC Explorer is able to visualize much of the Impeller data
but there are missing faces that must be filled before the material
removal simulation can be generated.
The Technical Corrigendum for AP-238 for feed-speed optimization and
via point data compression is ready for internal review on the ftp
site.  Comments should be sent to STEP Tools by the next conference
call on May 7.

Alain Brail is retiring at the end of April. The world wide STEP-NC
projects very much hope he will be able to continue his participation
in his retirement. His new e-mail is albavis at free.fr. It is not yet
clear if we will be able to use the Airbus Webex site for future
calls. If it is not possible then we will use one of the GoTo meeting sites.

CCAT is hoping to have five axis DMG and Moriseiki machines at the
UTRC site for the demonstration on October 1st.

We should contact Chen Han Lee to see if he can participate in the
demonstration. We would very much like to develop a CAM STEP-NC
export that shows the faces being machined as well as the tool paths.

T24 will not participate in the South Africa SC4 meeting, but should
try to participate in the Korea meeting starting on November 1st
because it will be a joint meeting of SC1 and SC4.

The near term development schedule is as follows:

May 7 	- Material removal simulation
May 21 	- Feed speed optimization

Action Items