Demonstrations in Ft Lauderdale

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Wed Nov 5 16:11:51 EST 2003

All,

I am being encouraged to arrange some more substantial
demonstrations for the Implementors Forum in Ft Lauderdale
and want to suggest that we arrange something around the
theme of STEP in manufacturing.

If you look in the archive for the Poitiers meeting you will
see it contains a STEP file provided by the AP-240 team.

http://www.steptools.com/manforum/meetings.html

I suggest we arrange one or more manufacturing demonstrations
using this file as a common theme. For example, we could show how
to create GD&T data for the file, how to do high level process
planning, and how to do micro-planning. For this meeting we
might not worry too much about coordination between the teams
but after seeing each others systems we could arrange for something
more coordinated in subsequent meetings using a story board that
we could put together at the end of Ft. Lauderdale.

For example, STEP Tools will be happy to demonstrate STEP-NC milling
from an AP-238 file using a desktop CNC machine and a CAM. We can
either mill all the features possible within the limits of the
machine or we can machine the features assigned to us by an AP-240
plan. It would be even nicer if we could then arrange to inspect some
of the features and store the result in AP-219.

Thoughts or suggestions to me privately or over the exploder.

Martin Hardwick
Team Leader ISO TC184/Sc4 Wg3/T24 STEP-Manufacturing