New Data Files

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Wed Jan 9 13:01:08 EST 2002

Noel,

Thanks for the files. We will analyze them carefully and get
back to you if there are any issues that must be addressed
before the demo.

We have begun work with our Job shop so are now encountering
issues about the available machines and tooling. This will
result in a requirement to scale the files to "fit" the
machines. We will do the scaling and send you the files
when they are ready.

Right now our biggest issue is we cannot get ST-Plan to
read STEP files. Therefore, we are translating to ACIS
before reading into ST-Plan. We have tried several machines
including "fresh" machines with nothing STEP related loaded,
Win NT and Win 2000.

We need ideas for how to find the problem. What is wrong- your code,
our code, something in the key protection, something related to changing
directories from FBMach to ST-Plan, schema versions, a missing DLL?

Martin