[step-building] Minutes of the Hangzhou meeting

Lothar Klein lothar.klein at lksoft.com
Thu Nov 3 08:09:15 EST 2005

Here some additional remarks to the T22 meeting minutes since I was
not present in Hangzhou unfortunately.

1)During the Valencia meeting we presented a new project at the change
  management meeting to go for a 2nd edition of AP201 as a modular AP.
  Main reason is that practical all needed modules are already
  available.
2)With two published technical corrigenda p46 is nearly unreadable.
  You first have to spend 2 hours with scissors and glue and make one
  document out of 3
3)There are lots of technical issues with this part, only a few are
  yet reported as SEDS. Really nasty is
  - that many structural issues are packed in rules instead of using
    re-decalred attributes
  - several rules require complex instanciation. They can be converted
    into extended sub-supertype statement
  - and major informal propositions are only written in text, even if
    they can be written as where rule.

In agreement with the WG12 convener we started to convert the IS
document of p46 into stepmod as a resource document. Most of this work
is done and the technical corrigenda will be included as well.
So the source for the next p46 document will be written in XML (instead
of doc or laytec). This solves issue (2) above.

For issue (3) we will need to run some detailed technical meetings. I
expect that at least all the preparation work from our side is done
till the next SC4 meeting in Italy.

Lothar

--
// Lothar Klein, LKSoftWare GmbH