FYI: ISO/DIS 10303-238 Ballot Announcement, TC184/SC4 Secretariat Message - 321

st-announce at steptools.com st-announce at steptools.com
Wed Dec 29 08:40:21 EST 2004

All,

The AP-238 document we sent to Geneva at the end of October
has been processed and returned to the member countries for
ballot.

The countries have about 6 months to send in their ballot
comments. We will then update the document and with the
permission of the secretariat, ISO will deliver the final
document to the countries as the International Standard.

The industry rule of thumb states that if a standard is
going to impact your business then you should test it at
the Draft International Standard (DIS) stage. Sometimes
seemingly small technical changes have a big impact on the
business advantages and in today's competitive environment
all manufacturing activities must be as efficient as
possible.

I look forward to working with on the new standard at the
OMAC demonstration and subsequent events in the Spring.

Happy New Year to you all.

Martin Hardwick

PS. If you need to review the standard then you can find it on
    our web site at:

ftp://ftp.steptools.com/private/ap238/ap238_dis_package.zip