STEP Tools News for Tuesday September 26

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Tue Sep 26 16:21:49 EDT 2000

This newsletter is a brief update of what is going on in STEP and
at STEP Tools, Inc.  If you want to know more, try the STEP Tools
web site (http://www.steptools.com).

-------------------
STEP-NC Sample Data

Information pages on the STEP-NC "Super Model" project have been
added to our web site. They include a Sample Data Page showing
that STEP data is not difficult to use when you have the right
tools (XML and EXPRESS-X).

    http://www.steptools.com/library/stepnc/

-----------------
Personnel Changes

We are executing a transition. David Loffredo is moving onto to
be the project lead for ST-Repository, and Joe Fritz is taking
over as the project lead for ST-Developer.

Many of you will know that David has done an excellent job of
product support and technical development for ST-Developer for
many years and nine releases! Joe has been helping Dave for
nearly all of those releases and in recent years he has been
responsible for our SDAI C library. Joe will now provide the same
excellent level of support for the ST-Developer core libraries.

ST-Repository is our new flagship product.  Our STEP-NC, AP-227
and AP-210 projects are using the XML, EXPRESS-X, and COM
programming features of ST-Repository to build easy-to-program
shared databases for manufacturing, process plant and printed
circuit board data.

-------------------
Translation Service

Last week the translation service was perfect (see our home
page).  This week we will have to settle for nearly perfect.

Period Covered: Sun Sep 17 03:25:02 2000 -- Sun Sep 24 03:25:02 2000
Total usage: 63
Successful usage: 60 (95%)
Errors: 3 (4%)

Translator			total	errors	success rate

ACIS to STEP:		27	0		100%
STEP to ACIS:		14	0		100%
AP203 Checker:		1	0		100%
Parasolid to STEP:	5	0		100%
STEP to Parasolid:	1	1		0%
STEP to XML:		3	0		100%
Visualization tools:	5	0		100%
Visualization Service:	3	2		33%
XML to STEP:		3	0		100%

=======================================
All-Time stats

------------------------------------
Period Covered: Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 1969 -- Sun Sep 24 03:25:37 2000
Total usage: 10402
Successful usage: 9198 (88%)
Errors: 1204 (11%)

Translator			total	errors	success rate

ACIS to STEP:		2425	55	97%
STEP to ACIS:		3368	248	92%
STEP to XML:		87	18	79%
AP203 Checker:		673	48	92%
EXPRESS Checker:	11	1	90%
Parasolid to STEP:	394	120	69%
STEP to Parasolid:	463	133	71%
STEP to XML:		400	30	92%
Visualization tools:	540	141	73%
Visualization Service:	112	18	83%
XML to STEP:		97	21	78%

---------------------------
Tools From STEP Tools, Inc.

The world's foremost firms use the STEP Tools product line to
help them share engineering product information.  Over one
million people use product data applications built with
ST-Developer, the company's flagship product.  In response to
this international popularity, ST-Repository is a database for
e-manufacturing developed for the growing number of mid-sized to
large corporations that need to share design and manufacturing
information on the Internet.

Database Tools:
* ST-Repository -- Global teaming database for design and
  manufacturing projects with services for Internet Translation,
  Universal Visualization and Enterprise Integration.

Programming Tools:
* ST-Developer -- programming tools for writing STEP
  applications, translators and databases.

* ST-ACIS Library -- programming functions to convert STEP data
  to and from ACIS models and SAT files.

* ST-Parasolid Library -- programming functions to convert STEP
  data to and from Parasolid models.

Desktop Tools:
* ST-ACIS Translator -- desktop tool for translating STEP data to
  ACIS and vice versa.

* ST-Parasolid Translator -- desktop tool for translating STEP
  data to Parasolid and vice versa.

* ST-Viewer -- desktop tool to view, analyze and check the
  accuracy of STEP data.

== ST-Announce Administrative Notes ==================================