STEP Tools News for Tuesday February 1st

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Tue Feb 1 17:18:41 EST 2000

This weekly newsletter is a brief update of what is going on in STEP
and at STEP Tools, Inc.  If you want to know more, try the STEP Tools
web site (http://www.steptools.com).

STEP Tools Moves Corporate Headquarters to Historic Rice Building

STEP Tools has relocated their corporate offices to the historic Rice
Building in downtown Troy, New York. The famous Rice Building has
received much acclaim for its Victorian architecture and its use in
films such as the "Age of Innocence."

STEP Tools is the first tenant in this location slated for high
technology companies. Please note that our phone and fax numbers have
been changed. The new address is:

    STEP Tools, Inc.
    216 River Street
    Troy, New York 12180 USA
    (518) 687-2848 (Voice)
    (518) 687-4420 (Fax)

Please visit the following page to see a picture of our new headquarters.

    http://www.steptools.com/office/rice-bldg.jpg

---------------------------------------
STEP-NC to be discussed at OMAC meeting

There will be a STEP-NC session at this years OMAC (Open, Modular
Architecture Controller) meeting. The mission of OMAC is to develop
an open architecture and a suite of API specifications for machine
tool controllers.

Some of you may have colleagues who will be at the OMAC meeting.
If you do please encourage them to come to our STEP-NC session.
It will be an excellent opportunity for them to learn about the
advantages of STEP-NC and the goals of the Super Model project.

    http://www.arcweb.com/omac/GenMtgs/genmtgs.htm

    Thursday February 3, 2000
    STEP-NC  Salon #2   12:00 Noon - 3:00 PM

-------------------------------
ST-Viewer Extensions for AP-227

AP-227 is an Application Protocol for Plant Spatial Configuration.
It became a full ISO standard last year and several CAD systems have
AP-227 interfaces. It is the first of the building models to become a
standard and consequently it is the first to contain the kinds of
geometry suited to buildings. Support for some of this geometry will
be in the next release of the ST-Viewer:

    Right Circular Cylinder
    Block
    Extruded Surface Area

-------------------
Translation Service

There are no translations service statistics this week because the
service was down over the weekend while we moved to our new building.
Normal service will be restored as soon as possible. We thank you for
your patience.

---------
Our Tools

Programming:
* ST-Developer -- programming tools for understanding and writing
  STEP/EXPRESS applications, translators and databases.

* ST-ACIS Library -- programming functions to convert STEP data to
  and from ACIS models and SAT files.

* ST-Parasolid Library -- programming functions to convert STEP
  data to and from Parasolid models.

* ST-Visualizer Library -- programming functions to visualize STEP
  data.

Desktop:
* ST-ACIS Translator -- desktop tool for translating STEP data to
  ACIS and vice versa.

* ST-Parasolid Translator -- desktop tool for translating STEP data to
  Parasolid and vice versa.

* ST-Viewer -- desktop tool to view, analyze and annotate STEP data.

Database:
* ST-Repository -- Parts library database for the supply chain with
  services for translating, viewing and managing product data using web
  browsers and desktop applications such as MS Excel and MS Access.

== ST-Announce Administrative Notes ==================================