STEP Tools News for Monday August 23

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Fri Aug 20 15:10:44 EDT 1999

Since 1991 STEP Tools has been developing tools and databases for
product data. This weekly newsletter is a brief update of what is
going on in STEP and at STEP Tools, Inc.  If you want to know more,
try the STEP Tools web site (http://www.steptools.com).

The letter is early this week because the author is taking a weeks
vacation in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. There are no
translation results in this letter because they will be issued
after my departure.

------------------
Inexpensive Viewer

The following price schedule has been set as the introductory price
for the inexpensive ST-Viewer to be released on September 1, 1999.

                      Price
Quantity 1-4          $290.00
Quantity 5-9          $240.00
Quantity 10-34        $190.00

These prices are exclusive of a shipping and handling fee that will
be required from those who cannot load the software from our ftp site.

The viewer has been tested using AP-203, AP-209, AP-214, AP-224 and
and Boeing DCAC/MRM. The viewer can display product identification,
assembly structure and geometry shape information for any STEP
Application Protocol that conforms to Conformance Classes 2, 3, 4, 5
or 6 of AP-203.

The viewer has an OLE/COM interface that can be used to implement
extensions to its basic functionality. Customers that want to make
such extensions must purchase the ST-Visualizer. Once implemented the
extensions can be applied to any ST-Viewer installation.

----------------------------
ST-Repository Demonstrations

ST-Repository demonstrations can be arranged if you send us an
AP-203 or AP-214 file. We will build a repository containing
bookmarked configurations of the files. You will be able to browse
the configurations using Netscape or Internet Explorer and download
sub-assemblies into a CAD system or the ST-Viewer.

-----------------
CTS Show Reminder

Please visit us in booth #2706 on September 14 15 and 16. We will show
you the results of five years investment in the National Industrial
Information Infrastructure Protocols (NIIIP) program and talk about
our plans for STEP-NC in a project called Model Driven Intelligent
Control of Manufacturing (yet to be awarded).

Talks will be given on "Implementing Large Product Databases" on
Tuesday, and on "3D Product Data Application Servers" on Thursday.  On
Wednesday we will host a press conference.

For show details see the top of our home page

      http://www.steptools.com

-------------------
AP-203 CC1 Training

The implementing STEP Translators class on September 14-17 will focus
on CC1 of AP-203. This is the section of the AP-203 standard that
describes how the assemblies and models that make up a product are
configuration controlled.

The first day of the class will focus on EXPRESS modeling.  The second
day will focus on implementing STEP applications and the third and
fourth days will focus on the AP-203 mapping tables and implementing
example translations for those mapping tables.

       http://www.steptools.com/training/

-------------------
Translation Service

No summary this week because the letter is being sent out early.

---------
Resellers

Resellers for STEP Tools products are available in the following
geographic areas.  Please contact us if you would like further
information.

--North America
	Integrated Engineering Solutions, Iowa City IA
--France
	Espri Concept, Sophia Antipolis Cedex
--Germany
	EuroSTEP GmbH, Bad Aibling