STEP Tools Weekly News for Monday May 17

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Mon May 17 14:15:35 EDT 1999

This weekly newsletter is a brief update of what is going on in STEP
and at STEP Tools, Inc.  If you want to know more, try the STEP Tools
web site (http://www.steptools.com).

-----------------------------------
ST-Parasolid on Translation Service

Parasolid is a solid modeling kernel similar in scope to the ACIS
solid modeling kernel.

The addition of ST-Parasolid to the translation service means that
it can now manage translations for a wide range of systems. The
new translator was written by the same team that wrote the ST-ACIS
translator.

The STEP Tools translation service is a free service that allows
you to test our translators using files that are smaller than
five megabytes. Our purpose is to make STEP more popular and
show you that ST-ACIS and ST-Parasolid are effective solutions.
The tools can be purchased as Off-The-Shelf translators and as
libraries that can be added to applications.

	http://www.steptools.com/translate
	http://www.steptools.com/products/

------------------------
Demonstrations in Norway

Monday    - ST-Developer a suite of EXPRESS-G tools for information
            modeling, SDAI libraries for application development and
            EXPRESS compilers for STEP validation.

Tuesday   - ST-Parasolid library for STEP application development using
            the Parasolid solid modeling kernel.

Wednesday - ST-Visualizer for visualizing the geometry and product
            structure of large product models.

Thursday  - ST-ACIS library for STEP application development using
            the ACIS solid modeling kernel.

ST-Repository, our new enterprise product for product data
visualization, translation, and warehousing, will be shown by
appointment.

-------------------
Translation Service

Period Covered: Sun May  9 03:25:02 1999 -- Sun May 16 03:25:02 1999
Total usage: 61
Successful usage: 54 (88%)
Errors: 7 (11%)

Translator	total	errors	success rate

acis-ap203	15	5	66%
ap203-acis	19	0	100%
ap203-stl	2	1	50%
ap203-vrml	5	0	100%
ap203check	6	1	83%
express2html	2	0	100%
gifviz		8	0	100%
step2xml	2	0	100%
steptoimage	1	0	100%
xml2step	1	0	100%

=======================================
All-Time stats

------------------------------------
Period Covered: Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 1969 -- Sun May 16 03:25:18 1999
Total usage: 4175
Successful usage: 3668 (87%)
Errors: 507 (12%)

Translator	total	errors	success rate