STEP Tools Weekly Newsletter for December 28

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Mon Dec 28 16:43:24 EST 1998

This weekly newsletter is a brief update of what is going on in STEP
and at STEP Tools, Inc.  If you want to know more, try the STEP Tools
web site (http://www.steptools.com).

--------------------
New Year 1999

Happy New Year everybody. Here are some New Year resolutions from
STEP Tools, Inc.

1. Release at least two new versions of ST-Developer.
2. Release a new version of ST-ACIS that supports AP-203 and
   AP-214 assemblies.
3. Release a new version of ST-Parasolid that supports solid
   models.
4. Release a first version of ST-WebExchange with client
   server tools for assembly and geometry management.

--------------------
First Classes in 1999

We have delayed some of our classes in 1999 until February because it
is a great time to go skiing in the Northeast.  There are several ski
resorts with night skiing in our area so for those who are interested
we will organize a trip to the slopes on a convenient evening during
the classes.

   Feb 2-3    Object Oriented Information Modeling with EXPRESS
   Feb 8      Introduction to STEP
   Feb 9-11   Application Programming with STEP

--------------------
Newsletter Archive

An archive of old newsletters has been added to our homepage.

   http://www.steptools.com/

--------------------
Translation Service Statistics

Period Covered: Sun Dec 20 03:25:03 1998 -- Sun Dec 27 03:25:03 1998
Total usage: 36
Successful usage: 34 (94%)
Errors: 2 (5%)

Translator	total	errors	success rate

acis-ap203	6	1	83%
ap203-acis	15	0	100%
ap203-vrml	3	0	100%
ap203-xml	2	0	100%
ap203check	1	0	100%
gifviz		3	1	66%
steptoimage	6	0	100%

=======================================
All-Time stats

------------------------------------
Period Covered: Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 1969 -- Sun Dec 27 03:25:12 1998
Total usage: 2489
Successful usage: 2168 (87%)
Errors: 321 (12%)

Translator	total	errors	success rate

acis-ap203	523	17	96%
ap203-acis	912	102	88%
ap203-stl	51	17	66%
ap203-vrml	288	78	72%
ap203-xml	61	12	80%
ap203check	70	11	84%
expfront	124	17	86%
expfront2	23	0	100%
express2html	202	0	100%
expxfront	11	1	90%
gifviz		41	21	48%
iges-ap202	10	0	100%
sp203-xml	13	2	84%
steptoimage	160	43	73%

--------------------
Resellers

Resellers for STEP Tools products are available in the following
geographic areas.  Please contact us if you would like further
information.

--North America
	Integrated Engineering Solutions, Iowa City IA
--France
	Espri Concept, Sophia Antipolis Cedex
--Germany
	EuroSTEP GmbH, Bad Aibling