STEP Tools Weekly Newsletter

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Mon Jul 13 18:07:01 EDT 1998

This weekly newsletter is a brief update of what is going on in STEP
and at STEP Tools, Inc.  If you want to know more, try the STEP Tools
web site (http://www.steptools.com) or the contact for each article.

--------------------
Draft International Standards

New STEP standards are becoming available for manufacturing, building
and process plant applications. The following draft standards can be
purchased from the United States Product Data Organization at:

	https://www.uspro.org/

AP 207: Sheet Metal Die Planning and Design
AP 213: Numerical Control Process Plans for Machined Parts
AP 224: Mechanical Product Definition for Process Planning
        Using Machining Features
AP 225: Building Elements Using Explicit Shape Representation
AP 227: Plant Spatial Configuration

Draft standards are ready for implementation. Minor changes can be
made to drafts as they become full standards but the changes are the
kind that can be easily accomodated by in-progress implementations.

--------------------
AUTOFACT is Early this Year

For the fifth consecutive year, STEP Tools, Inc. will exhibit at
AUTOFACT in Detroit. This year we will be showing a new Internet
product, as well as the next releases of our tools.  We will also be
giving hands-on training. The show starts early this year on Tuesday,
September 29. We will be in booth 1207.

--------------------
Translation Service Statistics

The following is a usage summary for our translation service this week.
For more information see http://www.steptools.com/translate

Period Covered: Sun Jul 5 - Sun Jul 12
   Total usage: 28
   Sucessful usage: 24 (85%)
   Errors: 4 (14%)

--------------------
Why Customers Prefer our Products

STEP Tools, Inc. software is installed at over 300 sites on a wide
variety of UNIX and PC boxes. It is used in commercial CAD, CAM, CAE
tools like Unigraphics, Bentley, 3D-Eye/Trispectives, Alias/Wavefront,
Hitachi Zosen, Bridgeport Controls and Tecnomatix.  You can find a
list of reasons why people prefer our products at:

    http://www.steptools.com/products/stdev/reasons.html

--------------------
Our Products

If you are interested in classes, consulting or any of the products
listed please contact info at steptools.com

Programming Tools:
* ST-Developer is a programming tool for writing product data applications.
* ST-ORACLE is an SQL programming tool for moving product data into
  and out of ORACLE databases.
* ST-ObjectStore is an ObjectStore binding of ST-Developer for moving
  product data into and out of ObjectStore databases.
* ST-PowerModel moves product data into and out of PowerModel
  databases for Level IV (knowledge base) applications.
* ST-WebPublisher is a set of programming tools for managing product
  data on the Internet.
* ST-ACIS Library is a library of programming functions to convert
  product data files into ACIS (.sat) files and vice versa.

Desktop Tools:
* ST-EXPRESS is a desktop tool to visualize product data schemas.
* ST-ACIS Translator is a desktop tool for translating product
  data to ACIS and vice versa.
* ST-Visualizer is a desktop tool to view, analyze and check the
  accuracy of product databases.

Framework Tools:
* ST-WebServices is a framework for sharing product data with a
  supply chain using translation, visualization and integration
  services.

== ST-Announce Administrative Notes ==================================