STEP Tools Weekly Newsletter

Martin Hardwick hardwick at steptools.com
Tue May 26 16:35:53 EDT 1998

== STEP Tools Weekly Newsletter -- 25 May 1998

This weekly newsletter is a brief update of what is going on in STEP
and at STEP Tools, Inc.  If you want to know more, try the STEP Tools
web site (http://www.steptools.com) or the contact for each article.

--------------------
AP-203 Picture Gallery

A gallery of GIF and VRML images has been put onto our home page.
These AP-203 "beauties" were generated using the translation service.
The wireframe pictures used the standard service. The solids used an
experimental translator that will be added to the service shortly.

	http://www.steptools.com/demos/ap203_pix

--------------------
Upcoming Classes

June may be the best month to visit Troy. We have two classes
scheduled. The first is an "Introduction to STEP". This class
describes the business advantages of STEP and gives a brief overview
of its technology. The class is suitable for managers and anyone new
to STEP. The one day class is to be held on Monday June 15.

"Implementing STEP Translators" is our most intensive course. This
four day course instructs the student on how to build STEP translation
programs using ST-Developer, how to debug translators using
ST-Visualizer, and for ACIS programmers, how to implement geometry
translations using ST-ACIS. The class will be held June 16 to June 19.

--------------------
STEP Programming using ST-Developer

ST-Developer is installed at over 300 sites on a wide variety of UNIX
and PC machines. It is used in commercial CAD, CAM, CAE tools like
Unigraphics, Bentley, 3D-Eye/Trispectives Hitachi Zosen, Bridgeport
Controls and Tecnomatix. ST-Developer includes:

-- EXPRESS Compiler
	EXPRESS to C++
	EXPRESS to SDAI Dictionary,
	EXPRESS to EXPRESS-G
	EXPRESS to HTML

-- Part 21 Programming Libraries
	Early bound, late bound and mixed binding C++
	SDAI C
	SDAI Java
	Tcl/Tk

-- EXPRESS-G Visualization
	EXPRESSS to EXPRESS-G compiler
	EXPRESS-G visual editor
	EXPRESS-G cut and paste to Microsoft tools
	EXPRESS-G to postcript printing
	EXPRESS-G to HPGL plotting

-- Conformance Testing
	Part 21 Visual Editor
	EXPRESS Interpreter (for Rule checking)
	Conformance Checker (for batch checking a file)

-- EXPRESS-X Translations
	EXPRESS-X compiler
	EXPRESS-X execution enginer

This is a partial listing. For a complete listing see:

    http://www.steptools.com/products/stdev/

--------------------
Translation Service Statistics

The following is a usage summary for our translation service this week.
For more information see http://www.steptools.com/translate

Period Covered: Sun May 17 - Sun May 24
    Total usage: 61
    Sucessful usage: 53 (86%)
    Errors: 8 (13%)

--------------------
Resellers

Resellers for STEP Tools products are available in the following
geographic areas.  Please contact us if you would like further
information.

--North America
	Integrated Engineering Solutions, Iowa City IA
	RAM Technology, New Berlin Wi
--France
	Espri Concept, Sophia Antipolis Cedex
--Germany